Monday, January 30, 2012

Photo Non-Contest #181 -- Screens

This was a tough one.  Written Inc has suggested techy screens, but I couldn't think of a single interesting thing to do with a snapshot of a computer or TV screen -- or even my iPod.  I guess I could've shot a photo of a photo on my iPod.......   Uh, maybe later in the week.
But then I remembered screens on the crypts that Max and I visited the last time we went to the cemetery together, and I thought of this shot of light hitting a tomb through the heavily screened ventilation window in the crypt:

It's odd, but it's kind of pretty.  And it sort of fits the theme.

8 comments:

  1. This is an awesome photo...and trying to describe what it is without knowing anything could bring a whole lot of ideas...very cool! You must have great fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me ages to "get" this, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, now I see it. I’m glad you told us exactly what it was though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really interesting, and kind of macabre. Like the others, I'm glad you told us waht it was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without the light at the left I would have guessed that it was a four-plank piece of decking. Very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creative graphic take on the theme. One of the reasons I like thematic photos is seeing all the many interpretations of the theme
    Johnina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your picture, very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete