Monday, March 28, 2011

Photoplay Part III -- Forgarty Creek

Last summer I drove down the Oregon Coast.  One place I stopped was Fogarty Creek.  I took at least 20 shots of the waves breaking over rocks, and I've taken the best one to play with, first on iPhoto, then on picnik.   I think this is my favorite set of all that I've done so far.

Here's the cropped original with text added:


And here's the same thing done in the style of high-dynamic-range imaging:


And here it is with the hues tinkered with until it looks like an antique postcard:



And again done in "cinemascope":


And here's the same pic done in blue neon:


This one is my most favorite version.  I added "stickers," colored it blue, and then made it into a framed poster:


Yeah, I've spent waaaaay too much time on this program this weekend.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see these rock formations and hear the word Oregon I always think of my trip to Cannon Beach and the days of tourning about the country side...up to Washington, so many lighthouses, ship relics on the beach....Astoria was a delight to drive around and take pictures of flowers (oh gee can they grow flowers in that part of the country) and the fine old houses scattered about....tiny seaside stops were the best...and it was around the 4th of July so of course there were many celebrations going on! Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete