Friday, May 6, 2011

Photo Non-Contest #145 -- Vehicular


"I dreamt last night I got on the boat to heaven,
And by some chance I had brought my dice along.
And there I stood, and I hollered, 'Someone fade me,'
But the people, they knew right from wrong.



"And the people all said, 'Sit down!  Sit down; you're rockin' the boat!'


The people all said, "Sit down!  Sit down; you're rockin' the boat!
And the devil will drag you under by the sharp lapels of your checkered coat.
Sit down, sit down, sit down, sit down!  Sit down; you're rockin' the boat!'"

("Sit Down; You're Rockin' The Boat" from the musical "Guys and Dolls")

This week's theme: vehicular.  Courtesy of Written Inc.
Max will do all the car photos, so I figured I'd do boats.  I took all these photos on my trip to Oregon last summer.  (Top: the Mary D. Hume, then the harbor in Crescent City, CA.  Then two shots of Wheeler Bay.)

6 comments:

  1. That moss-covered one is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But car photos are so easy, and expected, for me. I'm going to have to ponder on something unexpected. Think**think**think**...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Great take on the theme! Love all the boats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's so gooood to rock the boat! I missed you last week with a post for Happiness is, just hoping it would be of some happy faced students....Max didn't even post for TP....unless I missed it...AND Alexia is still off with her grand adventures....I miss her too, and then my post yesterday about the paddleboats could have served this TP as well...but since you just covered boats...I'll have to back to the thinking process....all your photos so inspiring to enjoying life and water and boats of many kinds! Thanks Writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempppo., yes, that Mary D. Hume gave me some AMAZING shots that foggy morning. I swear I haven't even tampered with the colors.
    Karen, if you recall from my personal blog, I'm not allowed to post student photos now, except on school blogs. Sorry. No more happy kid pics. The kids and the parents were fine with it, of course, or I wouldn't have done it in the first place, but someone else complained, and so it had to stop. You might notice that all kid pics on this blog have been removed.

    But, Max you have so many great car pics! You could just give people a link to your 55 cars page!

    Thanks for dropping by, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaargh - comment disappeared. Hope it doesn't come up twice.

    These are lovely shots! All good, but if I had to pick just one, it would be the top one.

    I miss your other blog too, Writer - the kid pics were great, and I loved reading your book reviews :( - they often gave me new entries on my "Books to Read' list.

    ReplyDelete