Monday, August 22, 2011

Photo Non-Contest #159 - Vibrant

Written Inc's new theme is "vibrant."
I'm not feeling very vibrant after the first day of school; I'm feeling a bit more toward the "exhausted" end of things.  So here are a few perky pictures in case you're feeling like I am.

This is totally the wrong season, but the egg dye here was pretty vibrant, I'd say.



This is one of my dad's fruit salads.




This is from the children's garden in Red Butte Gardens in Salt Lake City.  If you look in the background, you'll see a bed frame; it's a flower bed.  ;)




And this is a coffee shop in Midway, Utah, where Max and I took a few snaps last spring.  I think the sign against the sky is vibrant.  (No, I didn't tamper with the colors in any way -- not on any of these, actually.)


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours. Your Dad’s fruit salad has made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fruit salad really drew my eye! And I bet it tasted just as good to eat!

    Great Photos - like the coffee shop sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell ya what, instead of taking me out to lunch for helping with the formatting, just bring one of your dad's fruit salads. The rest of the pictures are great too, they just don't make me as hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it cool how the stuff of nature - fruits, flowers, etc. - can be so incredibly colorful? It's like Mother Nature is a maestro painter or something.

    Either way, these are wonderfully rich - just the sort of thing to give us a little energy after a long day at work. Or in class.

    My wife's getting ready to go back just after Labor Day. I feel your pain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours in the egg photo. Great variety of pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egg dyeing is new to me - when/why does this take place?

    Fruit salad followed by coffee. I'll have some of that. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bob, Easter egg dyeing has been a tradition in many European countries for several centuries. The Russians and the Hungarians have really taken the prizes for best in this area, but I have a hard time believing that a Yorkshire man has never so much as heard of Easter eggs before. Just over your northern border, the Scots know about it.
    Ah, well. Thanks for dropping by anyway and having some virtual fruit salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post. My favorite is the flower bed. Thanks for sharing
    Johnina :D

    ReplyDelete