Monday, August 29, 2011

Photo Non-Contest #160 -- Shopping (All My Ducks In A Row)

I'm not really a big fan of going shopping.  I hate battling for parking places.  I hate malls.  I hate being pushed and shoved in crowds.  I hate lines.  I hate big box stores.
Really, the only kind of shopping I like is the sort at craft fairs or farmers' markets, where there are little booths.
Oh, and bookstores.  I love small, independent bookstores.
Hence, I don't really have many shopping photos for Written Inc's theme this week, which is "shopping."  But, oddly enough, of the dozen or so that I have, two of them involved ducks.

From a little shop in Astoria, Oregon, we get a terrible, through-the-glass shot of a Jack Sparrow rubber ducky -- because everyone needs one of those.  Right?



And then here's one from a local feed and garden shop, taken last spring when Dad wanted to see the baby animals for sale:

Ah, little fuzzy ducky butts..... Cute.

And thus endeth my duck shopping tail tale.  :)

7 comments:

  1. haha - very cute pics. I tried to take some duck photos the other day, with no good results....

    Shopping theme? Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice take on the theme, and both cute. The first one just caught the tail end (sorry) of the vibrancy theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mention of shopping makes me want to 'duck' for cover - not these pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Them's some cute little ducks. I love going to the park in the spring to watch all the new ducklings learn to swim. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll recuse myself from answering your question, as I've got a framed picture of a rubber ducky hanging in the kids' bathroom. I treasured my RD when I was a kid, and when we got married, my very understanding wife didn't kick me out when I started shooting closeups of my old bath toy.

    I'm amazed I've lasted this long :)

    ReplyDelete