Saturday, April 23, 2011

Photo Non-Contest #143 -- Please Be Seated

The theme at Written Inc this week is "Please Be Seated."  Max got really creative with this and took a whole bunch of spiffy shots.  I have merely dug through my iPhoto files to find anything that might possibly fit the theme.  So, without further ado, I give you:


about a third of the seats at the Rio Tinto Stadium in Salt Lake City, jammed with people waiting for the Paul McCartney concert.  (There were plenty of people to fill ALL the seats, but 1/3 is about all I could fit in one shot.)


And here we have an antique barber chair in a shop in Midway, Utah, taken this past Wednesday while I was there with my parents.


Speaking of antique seats, this is a group of vintage saddles housed in Old Deseret Village, a living history museum of pre-railroad Utah in Salt Lake City.  This particular photo was shot during my visit there with Max last summer.


And relating even more closely to Max, this photo is of my little neighbor, seated and "driving" Max's convertible on a visit to a fellow car nut's house.  (If you think the boy looks thrilled here, you should've seen his face when he discovered the garage door opener!)

6 comments:

  1. I actually thought about doing a set of the seats of my cars, but decided to go the other way. Great old barber's chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a little cutie in the last picture, I can imagine the fun the kiddo had with the door opener :)

    I like the rows of saddles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the little darlin' right now, up and down and up and down went the garage door until quick somebody stop this child! Too cute, he has such a happy face! I enjoyed all your photos, what a great group of tours you had....and the concert how cool was that! Happy Easter Writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much as I hate a crowd, I would have LOVED to have joined you at Rio Tinto! Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine Sweeney Todd behind the barber's chair cutthroat in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, indeed, Bob. We just need a trap door in the floor.

    ReplyDelete