Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lagoon!

Today our school's academic team went to Lagoon.  Of course I took my camera.


This is quite a tall Ferris wheel.  Each of those baskets holds about 6 people.  True, it's hardly the London Eye, but it's tall enough to give me the willies.  I've only ridden this one once, many years ago.  And that was enough.


I much prefer this Ferris wheel, called the Paratroopers.  The chairs are fastened at the top instead of the sides and the seats rock and swing as you go around.  But it's not very high, so I'm good with this one.


I much prefer roller coaster rides.  The most famous roller coaster at Lagoon is known as the "old white roller coaster," and it was built in 1921.  It's rickety and awesome.
This spiral one was added in 1972, if my memory serves me correctly.  It's called the Jet Star 2 and is fairly fun.  Mostly I just liked the colors and shapes in this one.  (I don't know any of the people riding it in this shot.)

And this one is of three people on the Sky Coaster, although it appears to be of a centipede on a string.  
I just like the way they're all soaring into the sun here.  :)

10 comments:

  1. That last pic is really great.

    But me, I'm staying on terra firma, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have been on the sky coaster twice in my life, but I can't do it now because of the potential of jerking my back, which has a herniated disc. The fun is not worth the risk, so I just take pictures of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on the Ferris wheel once, never went back because it's too big. Not that I'm afraid of the height, I just got really bored with the time it takes to load and unload such a huge wheel. As for the Sky Coaster, uh, never! Just like bungee jumping, I like a little more than a single cable between me and the hard, bone crushing ground.
    Great pictures, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I read the whole thing, not recognizing it as an older post and was shocked to see I had commented on it already. First thought was that someone hacked into my blogger account and I got that rush of panic. Then my comment hit an old memory chord and I realized what was going on. I still love the picture of the Jet Star 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! Really like the last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep my feet firmly on the ground at such places. They offer great photo opportunities - I like the first and last photos especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My ride preference at the fair is a ferris wheel. That last picture is awesome. And I like the roller coaster shot too. Colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice rides all of them, but you would find me standing next to you taking the pictures -- not riding! I love that last shot --- very surreal looking like a UFO in broad daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks as is we all like to play it safe. No-one will admit to finding the rides thrilling and exciting :) Thanks for reminding me that I prefer terra firma!

    ReplyDelete