Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Little Visit To Wasatch County

Today Max and I drove up to Wasatch County in search of Kodak moments.  We drove through both Midway and Heber City, braving the heat and the wind to click the digital shutters over and over.  I took 117 shots, but I'm sure that was nothing compared to what Max did.  (After all, I'd made a visit just last March and already had a lot of good pics.)
Here are my favorites from today:

No, I didn't photograph a Thomas Kincaid calendar; it's just a ditch in Midway with a nice little fuzzy matte around it to squeeze out the water pipe that was actually in the lower left hand corner.

Remember the Sinclair dinosaur?  I do.  And here's a vintage one at the Fill'er Up Coffee Shop in Midway.  We didn't go inside, but there was plenty to photograph outside.

This is an antique toy car in front of a home-spa called Paint My Piggies.


Max and I wandered the Heber cemetery, he in search of funky tombstones to photograph and I in search of my relatives' graves.  This set (no relations to me) looks exactly like a chess set from a distance.  Definitely a Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone moment here.

A little tinkering with this shot got it looking like I'd taken it with my mother's old brownie camera.  I've titled it "Instant Vintage."
The shot is of the old Tabernacle in Heber City, which now houses city government offices as a re-purposed building.
Remember to click on the photos to enlarge them.
(Here's the link to Max's post on our trip.)

3 comments:

  1. From Karen S - she posted this on my blog:
    For Writer (for some reason I can't post a comment on yours so I'll leave it here, (hope that's ok Max!)
    Oh my I guess those were Kodak moments! Priceless all of them! I love the Dinosaur and always wanted one, (just not the blown up version) the real honest to goodness stone model, why not in our front yard?! The car for paint my pigges awesome, and Max was surely delighted at that sight I'm sure....your choice of photos were very cool but the presentation even made them better! Thanks Writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thanks to both of you for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, I took over 300 pictures yesterday. One of the things I love about digital cameras. Even though you beat me to it, I'm still gonna use the chess pieces line. Great set of photos!

    ReplyDelete