Monday, September 12, 2011

Photo Non-Contest #162 -- Playing With Light.

Carmi's theme this week is "Playing With Light," which is a bit tough for someone like me who only has a point-and-shoot camera.
Thus, this is my best idea for the theme:

Click to enlarge the photo, and you'll see it's not fog; it's confetti.
I took this right at the end of the Paul McCartney concert in Salt Lake City in 2010.  I like the way the light catches only the edges of the heads in the crowd and the way it makes the paper seem to shimmer in the air.

8 comments:

  1. I like the way the two light sources on right and left draw you in to the centre. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice! When you enlarge the pic you can see that the people have a white outline, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with point and shoot if it produces shots like this? Many of us do the same think without such good results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a great shot. Like the way the heads are outlines, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with point and shoot when you can achieve shots like this; it’s magical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until you mentioned it, I thought it was the usual smoke associated with concerts, both pyrotechnics and thanks to the audience. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been able to take a worthwhile concert shot. The lighting and positioning always conspire against me.

    You're my new hero on that front. I'm calling you next time I try again. Deal?

    ReplyDelete