Monday, September 19, 2011

Photo Non-Contest #163 -- Eat Your Veggies

Fortunately, I like to photograph food -- because veggies are Written Inc's theme for this week.

Here we go with a veggie tray made by Dad:

And here are some grilled veggies: fajitas at a great little Mexican restaurant in Moab, Utah:

And a hotter-than-Hades jalapeƱo burger at Old Desert Village in Salt Lake City, Utah:
Yeah, there were about 4 really hot peppers under that chees and salsa.

And here's where I start cheating a little.  These are some funky flavors of potato crisps I bought in Cambridge, England.  We certainly don't have these flavors in the US.


And this is Keenan, my friend's baby, eating his veggies.  Or at least a popcorn/rice cake, anyway.  (Hey, a child will count popcorn as a veggie.)


And my favorite veggie photo:
Yeah, click and enlarge the photo.  You'll see that those are naked baby carrot jockeys riding around that cake.  If you're a fan of cakewrecks.com, you'll understand immediately.  I snapped this shot at a booksigning a year ago.

10 comments:

  1. Amazing! those first two shots make me very hungry... the others, not so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, jalapeno burger. The veggie tray and grilled veggies look good too. But the best (humor wise) is the humongous (looking, or is it really that big?) cupcake with the barebottom carrot riding babies. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those grilled veggies! And the plate above - make me feel very hungry.

    But not the blue cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first shot is like an artist’s palette, they’re so beautifully arranged! All your fresh food pics are so tantalising, but I did laugh at the naked babies surfing round the carrot cake - whoever thought that one up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max, the cake was as big as it looks. And, Gilly, it was really a good cake.
    Nell, Dad's an artist, so it figures.
    Alexia, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm it trouble for suggesting we have a vegetable dip for supper all because of that first photo of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooooo hungry now! That cake is rockin'. Though as I walk through our kitchen I admit feeling a little bummed, as none of my food comes close to looking as lovely as these dishes!

    Can Dad make us a veggie tray, too? Lovely artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just went to the Cakewrecks book signing here in Atlanta last night. Very appropriate foodie material there.
    And, I have to chime in with a bunch of others here -- I loved the veggie tray. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you went to the Cakewrecks event! I hope you had a lot of laughs.

    ReplyDelete