Monday, October 10, 2011

Photo Non-Contest #166 -- Triangular

Check out Written Inc's theme for this week: triangles.

I apparently prefer round shapes -- because that's mostly what I found in my photos.  However, I did find a few triangles.

Here are some snow triangles in a chainlink fence:



And here's one I don't think I've posted before -- a spinning wheel in a living history museum in Orkney.  (The triangles are made by the spokes.)



And finally, one I have posted before -- Max and I are looking at our shadows in a river outside of Moab, Utah.  The bridge had some nice triangles in the railings.

10 comments:

  1. Great triangular pics! Love the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the spinning wheel - the things below on the left are what has been woven, I presume? And the shadow pic is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent triangles. I had to look very closely at the snow one, to figure it out (well I read your words and that directed me)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first one's very clever. The spinning wheel I like and somehow bridges always seem to have triangles in their structure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all three of these- clever how those triangles pop up and you captured them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spinning wheel, and of course the picture of us on the bridge. Great set of triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these too - especially the spinning wheel, and all of the objects around it... you framed this pic beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Alexia. The lighting was really spiffy inside those old farm homes that day, and I got a lot of really interesting shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great examples! I really love the shadow photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snow-in-the-fence. It's coming...I can already feel the chill in the air. You always find new ways to capture a theme. Which is my way of saying I wish I had your sense of creativity.

    ReplyDelete